Been awhile since I have had a decent update. I've completed a lot, but just haven't taken the time to post! So anywhere, here's a small mini-update to tell you all whats going on! First, we installed the center vents. This was rather simple, place them where I needed them, marked where the screw hole fit, and then drilled a small hole into the side of the vents, placed a screw in there, and bam, they are secured!
Next, is my electronics board. There isn't much on here at the moment, but you'll notice an Arduino UNO, a Sparkfun MP3 trigger, and a Syren 10A. All of these work flawlessly with my wireless PS2 controller to control the dome movement and provide the sound! The real gem here is my amplifier. Its a little 3" x 4" 35 watt amplifier from a company called "Pyle". The model is PLMPA35. What makes this micro-amp nice, is that it has a built in 3.5mm jack, ironically, so does my MP3 trigger. So I can connect my MP3 trigger to the amp, then straight to the speaker. The other benefit is that this amp can run 12v directly, so I have no need for a volt regulator. This setup has been tested and worked PERFECTLY!!
Finally, here's a quick shot of how I mounted the board. You'll notice the amp is off of here, thats because when this photo was taken, the amp hadn't arrived yet! Rest assured, it still fits beautifully.