Saturday, October 22, 2011

I'm still alive!!

I am still alive!!

Surgery went well and I literally had no idea it ever happened. However, the rehab has been rather hellacious so still no work has been done on R2. Hopefully, Monday I can return to work and begin to start finalizing my skirt. Assuming it goes well, then great!! Otherwise, I am strongly considering the resin skirt, I believe it's like $70.00 plus shipping and might save me quite a bit of work. I am excited to start actually getting some pieces to start building it up!

One major note, I won't reveal "what" I bought, but I did get in on my first parts run from the forums, so when that gets here, I will have a big hoopla post! I am also considering getting in on those aluminum coin slot run.

Thats it for now, I will send another small update here tomorrow or so and just fill you all in on how I am doing.

If I get 'really' lucky, tomorrow I might be able to finish framing the inside of the skirt so that I can start cutting the outside pieces. I also need to start looking for a local supplier of styrene, otherwise, i'll hafta go to my online source!

edit: So after thinking about it, I decided to go ahead and get the aluminum coin slot too. I figured I may not be able to get this part for awhile, and I really want as much aluminum as I can have outside of the frame.....so, I have a coin slot on the way!!

No comments:

Post a Comment