Monday, August 27, 2012

New dome bumps.

For my dome bumps, I simply used carriage bolts. I found some at Home Depot that had no writing on them. I simply primered and painted them, and they were good to go. I am all about doing things simple and this is as easy as it gets. Here are where they're going to go!
To make things easy, I 'roughly' marked the center of each circle, and took a 1/2" drill bit and used it to drill through my 'center'
After a few short minutes, I had dome bumps installed!
It is important to note however, that these carriage bolts have a "square" piece under the head of the bolt. Therefore, to get the nuts tight on the opposite side, you need a washer that goes OVER the square, this way you can get the nut tight. Here is a photo of the inside of the dome.

No comments:

Post a Comment