Sunday, September 2, 2012

ULTIMATE Dome Topper.

I have labeled this dome topper, ULTIMATE, simply because it cost me $2.19 after tax. Basically, my dome topper consists of the "golden ring" from the 300mm dome, two washers, a wing nut and a small carriage bolt.
The first step, was to spray the carriage bolt with self etching primer.....as seen here!
Next on the list was to secure the "golden ring" to the dome. To do this, I used GE Silicon II.
Here you can see the ring secured to the dome. It's perfectly center....how do I know? I eyeballed it.
After securing my ring, I went outside to spray some blue paint on my topper.
After letting it dry, and applying a liberal amount of clear coat, it was time to install and tighten with the wing nut.
and yes, I think it's pretty "ultimate".

2 comments:

  1. Hello what size is the copper/gold washer and carriage bolt? Thank you my friend- Jeff

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a great question. It was included with the 300mm dome. Let me get the dome and I'll measure that for you! I don't recall the exact size of the carriage bolt, but it just fit inside the ring. I believe I took it to Home Depot when I did it. I can measure the diameter of it too.

      Delete