Tuesday, September 11, 2012

"Eye" of the droid.

Risin' up, back on the street. Did my time, and took my chances. Went the distance. Now i'm back on my feet. Just a droid, and his will to survive. So many times it happens too fast (WWSD!). You trade your passion for glory. Don't lose your grip on Leia's dreams of the past. You must battle, to survive! It's the, eye of the droid. It's the thrill of the hunt. Risin' up to the challenge of our rival. And the last known survivor... Vader. So yes, I am excited. The dome is "El Fin" as it were, or done. Well, not completely, but it will receive NO work for a long period of time. In fact, I will not even attempt to hinge it until the rest of the droid is complete. For starters, here's a look at my new David Shaw Radar Eye.
The most important steps is making sure you mask the eye properly in the correct places. For me, I also masked the edges of the eye.
Finally, got some paint on there and let it dry.
And now...the big finale. Here is the dome, in all it's glory. I am MORE than happy with how it turned out, however, I do feel like I mounted the eye just a little high! So without further ado, here you go! Enjoy!!
Here is a close up shot of the side details. I am rather happy with how they turned out.
Now for some skin work. With some luck, my skins will be attached by Thursday! Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment