Sunday, October 21, 2012


Well. So far, throughout this build, I have done a pretty good job of thinking ahead to prevent mistakes. However, I think I may have made one here, but I am certain there will be a way to fix it in the future. I went ahead and bonded the outer skins to the inner. Why I did this, I am not sure because it will eventually screw me over. I knew that parts had to be counter-sunk into the inner skins, but for some reason, it honestly never crossed my mind. With that said, I am sure I can find other ways to attach the few pieces left for the body. With all of that said, I am VERY happy with how things have turned out, and R2 is starting to look more like....well, R2 all the time! The outer skins are bonded with a combination of VHB tape and silicon. Don't ask why, it's proprietary!! Here are a few pictures of R2's current state! As with the dome, all doors are secured with silicon so that they can easily be removed in the future when I decide to hinge them!

No comments:

Post a Comment