Monday, November 7, 2011

So much, but so little!

This is one of those days where you don't really accomplish anything, but in your head, you've actually accomplished a lot! Today, all I did was pick up a few items for the upcoming skirt finale!! For starters, I picked up some GE Waterproof Paintable Silicone. This will be used to fill any potential gaps with the skirt and the styrene. I hope there will be very few, but knowing myself, I will have more than my fair share! Next up, is Bondo Professional Gold Premium Body Filler(Model - 233ES from Walmart). After talking with the man, the myth, and the legend, Mike Senna....he suggested that 'maybe' this might be a viable alternative to the coveted Evercoat. At $9.97, which is less than half the price of Evercoat, I figured I would at least give it a try. I have never used Bondo, so I will be reading a lot to figure out the best methods!! Next up, we have a compass and a protractor. Yes, believe it or not, I have completed everything so far without either and it hasn't been easy. I have used a triangle for all my angles so far, and a homeade jig for all my circular patterns! Also, for gluing the skirt to the styrene, I changed my mind. Originally, I was going to go for Testor's Model Cement, however, in the end, I went with a thick instant CA glue. I have worked with CA many times, and really like how it's treated me in the past.

For the skirt/styrene gluing, I am a little nervous......I think my best bet right now, is to heavily tape it in my desired locations, and then spread the CA all around it.....let dry, remove tape. However, for some reason, I feel like their could be an easier method to this. I think in the end, I will go for the tape method. Most likely, this will be done tomorrow.

Aside from all of this, I also began to think about my legs. I will build them from wood. I was rather confused about building them, but a few question/answer emails with "Vickter" I feel like I have a much better grasp on them. In fact, I am starting to feel rather confident.

So while it may seem like I did nothing today, in my head, I really feel like I accomplished a lot. I have set a plan to finalize the skirt, and set a plan to begin the legs!


No comments:

Post a Comment